Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Cordless doorbells outdone....

In message , Alan Braggins
writes
In article , Huge wrote:

Thanks for reminding me that I've previously had to taxi a support person
halfway across London to plug in a keyboard extension cable for someone.

I've heard of someone flown to Singapore to look at a problem after a
phone call which went roughly "You're sure it's plugged in?" "You're
really sure it's plugged in?" "You're really absolutely certain it's
plugged in?".

Turned out it was plugged in, to a four-way extension lead which was also
plugged in - to itself.

I once drove 50 miles to Wimbledon, tennis, to a TV scanner after a
similar conversation. I found that the customer had added an extra 4
way multiblock to the set up, one with a switch on it. I explained to
him how the switch worked and drove 50 miles back again.

--
Bill