Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Cordless doorbells outdone....

I read the other day that some of these bell pushes have a simple release
for the battery, a pp3 in the case of the one I was reading about, and some
people are actually sneaking in and taking them out. Times must be tough if
folk neeed to nick batteries of unknown vintage from bell pushes is all I
can say
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 28/08/2012 18:33, tim..... wrote:
i don't see what's trivial about cordless doorbells for a non DIYer.

I presume that the chiming part has to be affixed to the wall

Nope! Either freestanding with batteries or plugged into socket.

and if you
don't have a drill and masonry bit what do you do with it? (I'm guessing
that sticking on with double sided tape or blutack isn't durable enough)

Bell push is supplied with D/S tape, but I do things properly & use screws
:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk