Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Cordless doorbells outdone....

Most of the ones I see are for the hard of hearing and the bell bit works
from batteries and is clipped to the belt. Some even vibrate.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"dennis@home" wrote in message

"tim....." wrote in message
i don't see what's trivial about cordless doorbells for a non DIYer.

I presume that the chiming part has to be affixed to the wall and if you
don't have a drill and masonry bit what do you do with it? (I'm guessing
that sticking on with double sided tape or blutack isn't durable enough)

You plug the "bell" into a 13A socket and stick the push on the frame.
It takes longer to take it out of the box than to install.