Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Atlas Lathe

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:42:09 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:37:47 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Rex wrote:

On Saturday, February 11, 2012 1:41:10 PM UTC-6, Michael Terrell wrote:
I was offered an Atlas lathe the other day for $50. The owner said

that there were two damaged gears. He is supposed to give me more

information next week. Comments?

Sounds like your basic TH42. PDF docs are all over the place for those. I have everything ever published for an Atlas in PDF format. Just drop me an email and I'll load you up.

Thanks. I got some on Ebay, but I'm still waiting to pick up the
lathe. I'll let you know what it is when I finally get it. Your PDFs may
be cleaner than what I bought.

The owner has it stashed behind a workbench, and it will be a half
day's work for him to get it out. Just my luck that he's got too much
business at the moment.

Im sure those of us that like you a lot..can provide some tooling and
whatnot G

Thanks.

Let us know what it is, maybe a picture or two..and we can put you
right in business. IVe got a bunch of MT1 stuff that will probably
work..and a bunch of #2MT as well. And LOTS of HSS cutters. Got a
grinder I hope?

Gunner

--
The essential differences between liberals and conservtives
is that liberals could not exist without conservtives to defend

Conservatives on the other hand, can exist and
live quite well without liberals."