Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ot technology:

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 22:48:47 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Dave wrote:

You're not missing anything. It's a matter of finding out what you
really need compared to what you *think* you need.

Case in point. After urging from a friend with a new tablet, I bought
a 10" Asus Transformer Prime tablet in February of this year. Realized
after eight weeks that it was a pain for me to carry around and I
wasn't inclined to use it when I had my desktop to use at home. Ended
up selling it for near a 50% loss.

Now I've got a Samsung SIII superphone and I'm really happy with it.
It does everything I need and more and I don't have any problem
carrying it around.

Same phone I have - and perhaps that contributes to my wondering the things
I've offered here. Between my laptop and my Galaxy, I am good to go.

Mine is a Motorola Droid Razr, but same, same. I just don't see that the
difference between the 4" screen and 7" screen to be worth it (the 4" easily
fits in my pocket). If I have to lug around a 10", I might just as well lug
around the laptop and get a real keyboard in the bargain.