Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ot technology:

Casper wrote:
That's my point. I'm not against tablets, but so far noone has told
me anything about them that is compelling. All I hear is crap about
people being ignorant of technology (that from people who have no
apparrent argument, but want to defend their purchase in some way),
and things about using them that closely resembles what I do with
either my laptop or my cell phone. I'm just not getting what I'm
missing here.

I do not believe people are being ignorant, just not comfortable with
change. I have one friend who absolutely hates change of any kind.
Breaks into tears at any middle or major change. Change jobs? There's
a week of tears at least.

I accept that there is a poplution that operates that way, so I agree with
you. Just to be clear - my point was simply that to date, I have not heard
any compelling arguments in favor, but hear a lot from the "other side" (if
you will...), about how ignorant those of us who have not made the move,
are. I can't help but find that argument funny.

--

-Mike-