Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default ot technology:

So... since I don't use my computers to watch TV (I use my TV's for that...)
I have to ask - is that something that is an improvement over watching your
TV?

Um, good question. I'd say no but I only have one TV, by choice.
I go thru times of turning off the tv. As for watching in the iPad,
it's just a convience when on the treadmill. Less dedicated equipment.

It is certainly not a replacement for a PC or Laptop but it starts
almost instantly and is just easier for the casual times.

The "starts almost instantly" thing is one thing that I see as valuable. I
do get impatient sometimes, waiting for my laptop to boot up. I guess I
just don't get impatient often enough for that to be a big deal for me. My
laptop is on almost all of the time. I seldom have to boot it (except for
the Windows things that can only be resolved by a re-boot...), so I guess I
don't often realize a value in a quick boot time. I just close it, pack it
and open it when I get where I'm going. Time to work is very short and I
suppose I never consdered it to be onerous.

I'm see people get extraodinarily frustrated over boot times. IMHO,
that's not what they are really frustrated about. I just go grab a
coffee or whatever and come back. When working on servers, it can take
even an hour to reboot. Now there's frustration for you. lol