Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default ot technology:

That's my point. I'm not against tablets, but so far noone has told me
anything about them that is compelling. All I hear is crap about people
being ignorant of technology (that from people who have no apparrent
argument, but want to defend their purchase in some way), and things about
using them that closely resembles what I do with either my laptop or my cell
phone. I'm just not getting what I'm missing here.

I do not believe people are being ignorant, just not comfortable with
change. I have one friend who absolutely hates change of any kind.
Breaks into tears at any middle or major change. Change jobs? There's
a week of tears at least.

Defend purchases? I'll defend people, beliefs, ideologies, but not
purchases. That's a personal thing that requires only the buyer to be
happy about it. After all, it's their money.

But the Tablet allows me to watch TV and occasionally look up things
and help with Crosswords and look at mail when it arrives without
being in the study.
It is certainly not a replacement for a PC or Laptop but it starts
almost instantly and is just easier for the casual times.

I never considered watching TV on my tablet until the cable company
piped out an app for it. Now I prop it up on the treadmill and can get
the news, show or whatever while I walk. Not possible with my laptop.

I can't replace my desktop, not yet. It's my job and it's cheaper.