Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Access to lighting wiring under loft floor

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
David WE Roberts wrote:
Well, some of the boarding isn't down, some is down but coming up
temporarily, and at some point there will be the issue of the light
fittings at the front of the house which are boarded over. I will
also (I have just realised) have to sort out ducting for the
ceiling fan(s) in the bathroom coming up through the floor. Could
do cutouts but a hole saw might be easier.

Just how often do you think you'll need access for 'maintenance'? I
rewired this place some 40 years ago and haven't done any maintenance
on the wiring since. Of course if you decide to alter the lighting -
like say add extra lights or move them - an access trap only over the
existing won't be that much help.

That is proof you are not married:-) One of the first jobs I did when I
moved into this place was sink the coax into the wall that was just clipped
down the wall. I made good and redecorated. I sat down to watch TV with the
wife and she said "can I have the TV in that corner" whilst pointing to
another corner of the lounge.

--
Adam