Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Access to lighting wiring under loft floor

Roger Mills wrote:
On 28/08/2012 08:40, David WE Roberts wrote:

(2) I really, really hate it when the ceiling rose has three or
more sets of wires coming into such a small space. Endless fiddling
to get everything to slide down for access, then slide back up
again to refit the rose. Also doing it perched on a set of steps
looking up.

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned this type of product as a
possible solution to Problem 2:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products... UbMtAodsTcAEA

This is but one example, but there are lots out there - all with
terminals into which you push a number of bare wires, which it grips
and connects together. Some systems have free-standing multi-way
connectors, and a box to contain them[1]. They should easily fit in
the space between ceiling and boards.

They are brillaint.

[1] Adam knows all about these - I'm surprised he hasn't commented.
(Possibly too busy giving the ex-GF an extended seeing-to?!)

Or at work:-)
--
Adam