Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Access to lighting wiring under loft floor

In article ,
wrote:
The reason for these loop in etc ceiling roses is they are quick to
install and economical with cable. But you're not forced to use them -
you could do it the old way using junction boxes in a more accessible
place.

The hassle I've had with people who've tried to replace a ceiling
rose and have been stumped with the multitude of wires sticking
out of the ceiling, then have proceeded to join all the reds together
and all the blacks together and wonder why the fuse keeps blowing,
the light is permamntly on, and the bedroom only comes on when the
bathroom is one. ... I always go out of my way to ensure then every
outlet has only a single cable, unambiguous cable coming to it (or
a single pair for sockets). The extra 25pences of junction boxes is
soooo owrth it.

If someone doesn't know how that type of ceiling rose is wired, they
shouldn't be messing with electricity.

--
*Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.