Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Access to lighting wiring under loft floor

In article ,
David WE Roberts wrote:
Well, some of the boarding isn't down, some is down but coming up
temporarily, and at some point there will be the issue of the light
fittings at the front of the house which are boarded over. I will also
(I have just realised) have to sort out ducting for the ceiling fan(s)
in the bathroom coming up through the floor. Could do cutouts but a hole
saw might be easier.

Just how often do you think you'll need access for 'maintenance'? I
rewired this place some 40 years ago and haven't done any maintenance on
the wiring since. Of course if you decide to alter the lighting - like say
add extra lights or move them - an access trap only over the existing
won't be that much help.

--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.