Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Access to lighting wiring under loft floor

In article ,
David WE Roberts wrote:
Ah - T&G chipboard loft flooring packs i.e. smaller runs of chipboard
which will go through the loft hatch. If you take away the T&G I think
this compromises some of the structural strength. The T&G bit is quite
substantial. I suppose I could interrupt the run at two joists and have
a small panel of chipboard to lift - will have a look at that. Only
need the underside of the groove on one side of the panel removed and
it could well lift easily without losing too much strength. Drilled/hole
sawn access hole is neater, but not as strong.

My way of fitting battens to the underside round the outside of the trap
will add back any strength lost. If you use the pivoting jigsaw method and
take care you can make a perfect trap in one go.

--
*Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.