Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Access to lighting wiring under loft floor

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:40:50 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

Either just put some kind of inspection hatch over each ceiling rose -
something low profile like a metal plate which can have stuff placed on
it when not being accessed - or bring the wiring up through the floor
into some kind of junction box so that each light fitting only has two
wires and the wiring is easily available on the loft floor.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p36742 and

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe.../sd1400/p98989

But the boarding panels ain't down yet. Is it worth paying out for all
that? I'd just cut out my own traps.

Well, some of the boarding isn't down, some is down but coming up
temporarily, and at some point there will be the issue of the light fittings
at the front of the house which are boarded over.
I will also (I have just realised) have to sort out ducting for the ceiling
fan(s) in the bathroom coming up through the floor.
Could do cutouts but a hole saw might be easier.

I quite like the flat bit which stops you going too deep :-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)