Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Atlas Lathe

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:37:47 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Rex wrote:

On Saturday, February 11, 2012 1:41:10 PM UTC-6, Michael Terrell wrote:
I was offered an Atlas lathe the other day for $50. The owner said

that there were two damaged gears. He is supposed to give me more

information next week. Comments?

Sounds like your basic TH42. PDF docs are all over the place for those. I have everything ever published for an Atlas in PDF format. Just drop me an email and I'll load you up.

Thanks. I got some on Ebay, but I'm still waiting to pick up the
lathe. I'll let you know what it is when I finally get it. Your PDFs may
be cleaner than what I bought.

The owner has it stashed behind a workbench, and it will be a half
day's work for him to get it out. Just my luck that he's got too much
business at the moment.

Im sure those of us that like you a lot..can provide some tooling and
whatnot G

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper