Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?

On 27/08/2012 17:16, Muddymike wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:05:07 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

* Coulombarium: Old biscuit tin where you keep all those old dead
capacitors that will 'come in handy some day'.

Oh; we just called them, "drawers full of crap".
One was usually to be found in the kitchen, next to the sink,
containing all the useless bits of short string, rusty needles,
ribbons, blunt scissors, thread, screws, cheap screwdrivers and
pliers. I did have an idea for new home-owners, selling them a
complete DFoC,
but of a more useable sort. A proper DFoC takes years to accumulate
and has a heritage to it.

I believe you will find this explains it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgUpDGAIdds

I find the concept of being restricted to just a single drawer of crap
that might come in useful somehow implausible ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.