Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?

On 26/08/2012 16:30, Roger Mills wrote:
Having recently scrapped my 30-year-old Zanussi washing machine, I
stripped it for potentially re-usable parts.

The part with the greatest potential is the motor, but I've no idea what
to use it for!

It's a hefty beast, with a centrifugal clutch inside its pulley. It had
no fewer than eight wires connected to it - presumably for selecting the
various speeds, and for going into reverse when agitating the washing.

The label on the motor says the following:
ZEM 20571033
CEI107/10-IEC 335
4A 260W 2780 RPM
3A 180W 1380 RPM 8/10uF 400VL [1]
1.1A 95W 900 RPM 8/10uF 450VL

Googling for the model number doesn't produce anything useful.

I'm looking for innovative suggestions of possible uses for this beast.

Go to a washing machine spares shop and trade it for something you do want!

--
Cheers,

John.