Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 7:08 pm, fred wrote:
I think that was the only thing in the collection that didn't end up
getting tipped later. Don't start me on the tins of rusty fasteners that
would, "come in handy someday" . . .

I have a columbarium (JFGI) of such things. The hallowed biscuit tins
of at least three Dead Old Blokes whose families didn't appreciate the
value of such accumulated tat.

One is two steel trunks that I can barely lift (steelworks). Another
is aerospace grade (local aircraft factory). One widow was very
happy though when his old apprentice pieces were returned, freshly
cleaned, de-rusted and gun-blued. That netted me a whole steel
wardrobe of more tat.

* Coulombarium: Old biscuit tin where you keep all those old dead
capacitors that will 'come in handy some day'.

Think yourself bloody lucky. I last married in 1990, wifey moved her tat in.
We then moved house in 2008 but had to keep the old house cos it was/is
still full of her tat. Can't dump that, t'was moms/brothers/dads etc. So, 2
houses full of tat, then my mom died, that's 3 houses full of tat. Now were
down to 2 houses full of 3 houses worth of tat. Me? anything for a quiet
life
O yea, plus 4 mini **** machines, LOL. I must be outta my tiny mind. Anyone
gotta gun?