jo4hn

Default Calling all local wRECkers: was:something else

Silvan wrote:

Maybe not as much as you think. I just went to HD and looked at their
buildings. 20' x 20'... *pant pant pant*

I'd put my table saw here, and my workbench here...

I could never afford one of those things though. I figure $15,000 for the
building and slab, and that doesn't even include electrical, insulation,
sheetrock or HVAC.

I guess that's a dream that will have to wait until my kids are out of
school and have moved out of my house at age 32.

I could probably do it much, much cheaper than that too, but only if I knew
something about carpentry.

Maybe some of youse guys that live withing driving distance of Silvan
should get together and stick frame him a workshop. One weekend to run
plumbing, electrics, and pour a slab, and a second to frame it and close
it in. Need a retired contractor or two to put together a plan
(windows, barn doors, etc) and to get the dreaded permits. Sign up
sheets for volunteers. I'll contribute $50 for donuts and coffee or
romex or whatever. Somebody out there want to start this up?
mahalo,
jo4hn

p.s. This could be a biggie, how about Workshops for Woodworkers?