Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Roger Mills
writes
Having recently scrapped my 30-year-old Zanussi washing machine, I
stripped it for potentially re-usable parts.

Throw it away

I have three in the shed that I thought exactly the same thing 25 years
ago ...

I have about 20 salvaged from various bits of agricultural equipment.

I got as far as stacking them on a couple of pallets with a view to
making my fortune from the scrap copper bandwagon. They are still here!

I can claim to have re-used 3. ..... 2x bench drills and one to power a
dust extractor.

For the inventive minds, one is a geared single phase drive for stirring
the milk in a farm bulk tank...

regards

--
Tim Lamb