Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Answers and questions

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

BTW There is a rather rare quick disconnect where identical
terminals are crimped on each of two wires, the two are crossed,
and then brought out to straight, causing a J-hook on each end
to clasp the flat blade on the other end. Slide some Vinyl
sleeving over the joined pair. I call them "handshake splices"
but I don't know the official name. I've only seen them made by
AMP.

Enjoy,
DoN.

These are becoming the standard low voltage DC connectors for winches,
ham radio and model airplane battery packs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Powerpole

http://tinyurl.com/92bhlve

jsw