Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Making a 3 legged garden table

On 25/08/2012 20:21, ss wrote:
I could esily build a 4 legged one but prefer the look of a 3 legged
tripod type layout of the legs apart from that the previous owner has
done a poor job of laying slabs so a 4 legged would never be level.
My problem is that anything I have looked appears complicated joints
where the legs meet and may be beyond me for accuracy.
Is there a simpler arrangement for constructing a 3 legged table where
the legs angle out from a central point.

Any ideas welcome.

The simplest arrangement would be three straight legs that are somehow
tied together at something close to their midpoints, and then fanned out
wigwam style. The bits from the join down providing the legs, then upper
section up the table support.

--
Cheers,

John.