Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default SAP calculations

"Hugo Nebula" wrote in message
[Default] On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:06:51 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
"David WE Roberts" , randomly hit the keyboard
and wrote:

snip
In the early days of SAP ratings (IIRC 1995 or thereabouts), I and a
few colleagues went through the formal training; ostensibly to make
sure we knew what we were looking at when we received SAP calcs. Due
to restrictions on what work Local Government could do, Building
Control wasn't allowed to carry out SAP ratings when they were legally
required. As an individual, providing SAP calculations for a job I'm
checking is tantamount to drawing up plans; a sackable offence.

So the BCO would be commiting a sackable offence if he took on the work.

LABC Consult (the private company owned by all local authorities) does
offer SAP calcs, maybe using some LA directly-employed BCOs, but the
BCO checking your plans sees none of the fees from that (except in so
far as it helps to maintain the LA share of the BC work out there).

Oh, hang on, then the BCO would NOT be commiting a sackable offence?
Make your mind up!

As I commented humourously (do you have a sense of humour?) at first sight
this could seem a bit dodgy but I see no conflict of interest and neither
has anyone else involved.

The smiley wasn't evident, and I'm not amused by the almost accepted
assumption that Local Government Officers are on the take.

To me, at least, you are giving a strong impression of the guilty fleeing
where no man persueth.
What, particularly, has made you so very sensitive to this?
Personal experience of local government corruption?

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)