Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Continuous still

How do you intend to use the alcohol? As fuel or for drinking, or
what?

Making alcohol by distilling leaves it fairly contaminated as far as
drinking it is concerned.

Also, any small distillery is fairly energy inefficient.

I made a still back in Russia when I was 15. It worked. The product
was not so great for drinking.

This would be for fuel. From my understanding the batch process is better
for drinking because methanol would be boiled off first. You are supposed
to be able to take the alcohol from the continuous process and run it
through a pot still to boil off the methanol first and get the ethanol.

RogerN