Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Why do people "compete" off-time

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:54:44 -0700, Jim Stewart wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Snip...

The next day, the machinist called him to say that all the holes were
"all over the place; up to 30-thousanths off-centers",

Snip...

The answer is pretty clear. That "machinist" couldn't measure anything
with better than a 30 thou accuracy.

I'd believe that it could have been an honest mistake, except if that
were so then when he had it checked by his friend he'd have come back and
said "oopsie -- I'll just be eating some costs here".

I have, to my regret, misinterpreted things said to customers by other
vendors and mistakenly bad-mouthed people. But when I catch myself at it
you can bet that I'm as prompt as can be about rectifying my mistake.

http://www.wescottdesign.com