Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car body repair; Best way to treat bare steel prior to filler-primer?

In article ,
fred wrote:
I think a few may be mixing up hammerite paint with other hammerite
branded products. They do make a rust treatment solution that I have
seen but have no experience of, I saw it supplied in concentrate form in
a 2l or so container and the instructions required it to be diluted 10:1
with water. It was used to dissolve rust on parts by long term
immersion. No idea what the ingredients are but perhaps the usual
phosphoric acid base of other similar products.

IIRC Hammerite (now) own Jenolite. But seem to be re-branding that to
their name.

--
*I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.