Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_6_] Gunner[_6_] is offline

Default Is there any HSS/HS marking requirements

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:24:55 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Ive got about 50-100 pounds of dipped GOOD taps of various sizes.
What size do you need?

These came out of an American factory I shut down a few years ago. I
do have some metrics as well. But I have few dies.

How about a 5/8-27 tap & die? Not a common item. They are used on
microphone stands & some RF connectors.

Ill check in the morning. Though to be honest..nearly all of mine are
the common sizes.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper