Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is there any HSS/HS marking requirements

Cost of going the low price way. Buy a quality one once a month or week
or so. Buy from a high quality company.

The same issue is on 'ti drills' - looks pretty with crap metal inside.
They advertize Tough TI drills...

Buy quality drills with the coating. Not crap drills with the coating.

Martin

On 8/22/2012 7:38 AM, wrote:
Is there any federal trade commission or other regulatory agency requirements to mark HSS/HS on tooling that is sold with this stated sales literature?

I've bought 2 metric dies recently on eBay, that the add stated as HSS, and testing with my rockwell hardness tester indicates Rc=55 and less.

I'm trying to get eBay to stop the minions of sellers from stating this without it being marked on the tool.

Every HSS tool I have is marked. I'm trying to build a set of low cost metric dies (have the taps).

ignator