Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nthkentman Nthkentman is offline

Default Car body repair; Best way to treat bare steel prior to filler-primer?

"AL_n" wrote in message

There seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions on this, but I'd
eppreciate
your views on what is the best way to treat bare steel, pror to applying
filler-primer, when affecting a bodywork repair on a car, (having removed
rust from an area and having abraded it, as far as possible, down to bare,
steel).

That's all you need to do.

I know there are various Jenolite-type products, and someone suggested a
zinc-based primer. What are your views? My primary concern is to inhibit
rust, of course.

Not required before the application of filler, but essential after

I once read the results of an experiment which seemd to conclude that
Hemmerite was one of the best rust inhibitors of all, but I don't know how
suitable Hammerite would be in this type of application...

Nah....Just Nah