Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Stupid, stupid, stupid! Left garden hose on...

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
S Viemeister wrote:

On 8/21/2012 9:08 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

Really? Everywhere I've lived they've had water meters. France,
US, Switzerland.

Our place in the US is metered, but the one in Scotland is not.
It's a flat rate, paid along with the council tax.

People in the UK have a funny attitude to metering water. Like, water
falls out of the sky for nothing, so constant uninterrupted pure water
should be piped to my house and the sewage taken away for nothing.

Now the rationing has finished why not:-)

Just jout a friend considering buting a house that has meterered water. He's
not happy. 2 kids and one on the way plus all the vehicles to wash, and hot
tub.

As he is moving up a council tax bracket (or maybe 2) from his previous
house I suspect he will pay around the same price for his water per year
(apart from when the extention is built)
--
Adam