Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air conditioning is evil...

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:20:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:48:17 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:43:04 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:05:41 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, August 20, 2012 10:27:31 AM UTC-4, DD_BobK wrote:
On an energy us basis, is AC really any more evil than heating?

Maybe not, but heat is a necessity for survival. A perfectly healthy person can easily freeze to death. No perfectly healthy person has ever died because they were uncomfortably hot.

On that basis, A/C is definitely more "evil" than heating.
Never heard of heat stroke, eh???

... or never heard of a person dying in the desert; within walking
distance to a subdivision?

He said "perfectly healthy" for starter. Anyone I'm aware of that had
heat stroke was either ill or was working or doing some physical
activity when they should/could have stopped.

Just sitting still in the cold can kill you, but just sitting in your
living room in the heat is bearable for healthy people.

That said, my house is air conditioned for my comfort.

Anything that allows the body core temperature to excede 105 F will
cause heat stroke. If the temperature is over 105F and the humidity is
high enough that sweating does not cause evaporative cooling, heat
stroke will result - no matter what state of health you are in.
There are two types of heat stroke: classic, non-exertional heat
stroke (NEHS) and exertional heat stroke (EHS). Classic heat stroke
occurs most commonly in, (but is not restricted to) very young or
older individuals,