Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Stupid, stupid, stupid! Left garden hose on...

On 20/08/2012 22:11, tony sayer wrote:

He said do I know the people living over there and I said yes and if you
think thats were its coming from. Muttered that he couldn't get in I
said I can, over the fence, only to find their garden was some 9 inches
deep in water, quite a lake it was.

Dunno what the bill came to but I don't think they had to pay it all..
Must have been like that some three weeks or so!...

They were lucky; I used to belong to a tennis club and we had a leak in
the main supply after the meter which drained away without surfacing
anywhere. Only discovered on the quarterly reading, and we had to pay it
(several hundred pounds in 1980's money, IIR).