Posted to alt.home.repair
AaronL[_4_] AaronL[_4_] is offline

Default Do any of the realtors use broadband as a selling point for homes?

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:42:32 -0400, George
wrote:

On 8/19/2012 3:44 AM, AaronL wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 01:21:16 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote:

Question is how accurate is that test? I'm only paying for "up to"
15Mbps down. Some days it reads as high as 35 Mbps down. I don't know
whether to be happy or skeptical.

Tests are fooled by what comcast calls "powerboost" . Basically the
first part of a connection is allowed to go through at a much faster
than your rated speed. So it fools the sppedtest sites and is great for
bragging rights for people who don't realize what is happening.

Ah. that explains it then. I see Cox advertising something like that
but didn't think about it affecting the speed test. Actually in
everyday use I noticed little difference between my current Cox cable
15Mbs service and my former Century Link DSL 7Mbs service.
Surprisingly with bundling (TV, phone, ISP) the Cox service was
cheaper. Competition is good.