Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Answers and questions

"Richard" wrote

I didn't have any scrap hose...

I buy them at yard sales, particularly the very good ones for a buck or so
for just such things. And some of them, the good ones with the heavy brass
fittings, are worth the cost of fixing them. Right now, I just bought two
trees, and they will need guy ropes for a couple of years. Got lots of hose
to make protectors for the bark.

I get stuff from the trash, too. I found a 50' electrical cord in the trash
curbside the other day. It was cut about a foot from one of the connectors.
Really heavy copper extension cord. I'd say it was a solid $25 retail.
Fixit plug, $4. My truck has this auto pilot thing, and headed straight for
it. One day, got two graphite rods, one with an Ambassadeur reel on it.
Guess someone had parted company, and the other was disposing of unwanted
items. I pile stuff up, and twice a year, have a big gar(b)age sale, most
of which is profit.

Steve