Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Li Ion batteries

No the first challenge is to get them to actually read them in the first
place, which is where we came in.
I noted that when I bought my last shaver it had a little picture of a wheel
running over the shaver with an X by it, at least this is what my reader
person said it was, but she had no idea what it meant.

Do not run over your shaver I'd have thought was rather obvious, but I've
lost the book now so I'll never know for sure.

Brian

Email:

"polygonum" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:46:31 +0100, Huge

On 2012-08-18, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just been reading through the safety instructions for the Li Ion
batteries on my new Hitachi 18v SDS.

"Do not place in a tumble drier or a microwave oven".

Generally speaking, these ludicrous warnings arise from court cases in
the USA where some moron put the batteries in a microwave (I expect some
other moron on the internet told him you could charge them up that way)
and then they went bang.

Of all the countless things people could - but should not - do with them,
they select two plain-as-a-pikestaff-to-anyone-with-a-brain examples to
specifically warn about? Within the confines of an ordinary kitchen -
place on a red hot cooker ring, put into waste disposal unit, try to burn
in an Aga (after all, di-lithium is carbon...).

Agreed about why, but the ludicrous (and foreseeable) consequence is that
people to not take heed of any important, sensible warnings about
anything.

--
Rod