Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default Convert Swan Neck Towbar/ball to flange type?

On Aug 17, 3:30*pm, (Alan Braggins) wrote:
In article , Roger Mills wrote:
is to mount a cycle carrier on the towbar/ball, AND tow my trailer.

[...]

Snip
Thanks for all the replies so far I am really grateful.

I have looked at cycle carriers that attach to the rear window (and
indeed am going to try one next week. but most only go as far as 3
bikes and we really want to carry 4. also, you can't use the rear
wiper, also you have to remember not to use the rear wiper!, and they
are a bit of a faff to fit.

The max rax may not work with my particular bar, and it has to be
fitted it is also phenomeanally expensive.

I think the car is old enough to fall outside the 1998 rule, so
getting something modified or fabricated might be a possibility. I
have also found a post on a forum for Toyota Landcruisers which
suggests that at least at one time Toyota used to stock just the part
I am looking for (at least to replace the swan neck towball on a
Landcruiser).

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please keep em comming.

Best regards

Chris