Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Air Pollution

On 16 Aug 2012 13:09:19 GMT, Winston wrote:

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:14:24 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On 15 Aug 2012 20:04:12 GMT, Winston wrote:

(...)

http://water.epa.gov/type/groundwate...licfracturing/
wells_hydroreg.cfm

Holy Crap!

What, precisely, are you "holy crapping" about?

Same things that you are shuddering about.
That our friends in the 'energy industry' are immune from
prosecution for polluting ground water with the fracking
process.

It's all the more tragic because we can divert existing
abundant methane supplies for energy use without causing
all that destruction.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2011-...ssage-methane-
gas-20111005_1_methane-gas-landfill-gas-virginia-natural-gas

I got to the 3rd paragraph before it moved me to the home page. It
appears that you have to sign in to stay and read that article.

Holy Crap!

Something smells funny (no pun intended, much) when they want $45k to
convert a boiler from natgas to methane. Isn't that simply an orifice
change, as they do for propane? The used appliance store did it for
me for $25 in the old house. I miss that stove. DeVille, with 4 gas
burners (one thermostat controlled), huge chrome griddle in the middle
for pancakes, separate broiler with sliding scissor adjustable height
mechanism. I'm on a nice, sedate glasstop electric now and things are
a bit cleaner but considerably slower.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.