Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Air Pollution

On 15 Aug 2012 20:04:12 GMT, Winston wrote:

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:56:09 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

And while we're on the enviro bandwagon, for members of our CONgress to
-waive- the Clean Water Act, etc., for the farkin' frackers is outright
treason against the country and its people. I believe heads should roll
for that one. We have a limited supply of fresh water on Earth and it's
already endangered both here and abroad.

http://water.epa.gov/type/groundwate...licfracturing/
wells_hydroreg.cfm

Holy Crap!

What, precisely, are you "holy crapping" about?

According to the guy who did research for the movie GASLAND, there are
over 500 nastyass (16 syllable) chemicals injected into the well bores
and anywhere from 50 to 90% of them are recovered. Each well takes
several million gallons of hydraulic fluids, so you can imagine why
I'm really, really concerned about fracking. Please watch the movie
and harass your CONgresscritters about the data. (It's available on
Netflix for instant viewing if you have Netflix. It will literally
scare the **** out of you, I guarantee, even if you believe only 5% of
the info provided.)

I will never travel to Nawlins after seeing that movie. Consider that
all the evaporation pools were washed into the lands on the coast of
the Southern states during Katrina. 100,000+ wells with each of their
several-million-gallon pools of chemicals washed into the soil there.
FTN. I won't be visiting there _ever_, even if I wanted to. I'm
wondering how the cancer/disease/death stats are ramping up even
now... shudder

--
Make awkward sexual advances, not war.