Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

" wrote in
news
On 15 Aug 2012 00:09:08 GMT, Han wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news:xKadne5aw4QnfrfNnZ2dnUVZ_q2dnZ2d@earthlink. com:

Han wrote:

Great link, right? Apart from the fact that there are only a few
people listed, out of millions (I hope) that voted, I was not
claiming that there is rampant voter fraud. Let the claimant show
the link. That has been thrown at me, you know. I'll be the first
to want to punish a fraudulent voter. On the other hand, I became
a green card holder and was disappointed I couldn't vote (and
didn't). But I thought it a good idea to try and become a citizen,
and was successful (I think in 1984).

In some few jurisdictions, you CAN vote for local offices. It is a
federal crime for a non-citizen to vote for a federal office.

That is correct, and the best way to phrase it. You have to draw the
line somewhere and I agree that green card holders should naturalize
first. And learn real English. It would help.

OMG! That's quite illiberal of you. ;-)

Well, it's me

There is no shortage of candidates for citizenship. Fluent English,
both written and oral, should be a requirement for a green card.

I forget what the requirements for the green card were in my (special)
case. The "interview" by the examiner was cute. Do you read a
newspaper? which? how often? (This was 1984, before the internet,
basically). I know you can guess my answers from Nassau county, NY

Such as that nice older
lady who didn't understand erased for privacy at the doctor's
office. Too many around here who (not that) only speak Russian,
Ukranian or Spanish.

It's not just "around here" (though the languages vary).

It's quite common, then.

--
Best regards
Han