Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_6_] Gunner[_6_] is offline

Default [OT] Air Pollution

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:40:51 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Thank you, C.A.R.B. I like breathing easy now.

I disagree with that sentiment. I had my smog license and watched
some pretty nice vehicles go into meltdown after installing some of
CARB's required devices and settings. Millions of dollars of vehicle
engines were toasted from that idiocy. CA air would have greened
fairly quickly anyway, sticking to federal guidelines, so I think it
was a ghastly waste, a crime against the populace.

http://killcarb.org/2010102601-kovr.html

Sacramento CH13 KOVR Reporter Exposes More CARB Junk Science

Sacramento based KOVR’s "On the Money" reporter Mike Luery's report
about CARB’s continued scientific incompetence.

The two part report aired at 6 pm and 10 pm October 26, 2010.

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper