Norman D. Crow

Default OT - Arthritis & Electric

"J T" wrote in message
I know some of you old guys have arthritis. I don't consider
myself old yet, but I've got it too. Diagnosed in the spine, years ago
(and, of course, they can't tell what type). Also got bad joints, but
they always claim they can't find anything wrong with any of them. If
they didn't always run the same test everytime, they might find
something.

Anyway, for a long time, I've not been able to lift my arms up very
high, straight out, or even straight up, and alway painful to even try.
Today the kid's pups were trying to kill each other. By the way, got a
deal for anyone - buy one pup, get 10 free. Go out, in stocking feet,
to sort it out. Electric fence, suitable for cattle. Unhook the top
wire so I can get in, bad hips too. So, sort it out, all the pups want
to be petted. Sort of like being nibbled to death by baby ducks.
Getting ready to leave, notice the top wire came loose. Use my
handkerchief to pick it up and fasten it back. Wind up getting about 4
shocks. Finally got it hooked up, then back over the fence, and re-hook
the top strand.

Get back in the house, and notice the right shoulder isn't
bothering me. Check it out, and find out it has more mobility than it's
had in probly 10 years. Pain-free. I'd gotten a shock with the left
hand some weeks ago, and noticed the same thing, but had just figured it
was nothing. Who knows? I may have made a medical breakthru here. I'm
almost tempted to go out and purposly shock my left hand, almost. But,
I'm sensitive to electric shock, and don't think so, not on purpose.
Reason I unhooked the finse in the first place, I've got bad hips, and
last time I went over the fence, screwed up, and got one leg between the
wires. That's one way to really wake up.

Anyone else here had similar experiences?

It's funny as Hell, to go outside, and see a small herd of pups run
up to the corner of the fence, then sit down, in a V shaped line, almost
exactly a foot from the fence.

Hey, maybe you've got something JOAT! I've read about everything from people
rubbing WD40 into the bad joints to taking "bee sting" trherapy. Who knows?

It's obvious the pups know what that "zap" is all about. I've seen dairy
cows with a single wire electric fence about 30" high get right down on
their knees and crop just as far as they could stretch their nack under that
wire without touching it.

--
Nahmie
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving

---