Dan

Default 14" bandsaw

"TeamCasa" wrote in message ...
Steven, Sorry, It is true. I don't own stock in any tool company and frankly
could care less what tools you like or don't. The OP asked for our opinion,
I gave him mine.

Yep. And you DID mention that it was at least five years ago, probably
more than that if your brother-in-law is now happily using the unisaw.

When I researched before buying my Griz 1022, I found a lot of posts
like yours from that period. Over the following years, those posts
decreased and the "I'm happy with it" posts increased. I interpreted
that shift to mean Grizzly had managed to get their QC a little more
under control.

Did you not read this part?
Note to wreak, Save the flames about how you have a Grizz and they are

fine.
Just admit you shop at at Harbor Freight and are willing to sacrifice
quality price.

I drop in from time to time. Bought my dc there, after a lot of
research. Some clamps, other supplies. I think I'll get my next
grinder there. A bench drill press. No other power tools. I don't
consider myself the kind of person who will sacrifice quality for
price, but I'll sacrifice bells and whistles for stuff I can afford.
If I could afford a Unisaw, I'd have one. They ARE better, I'll admit
that to anybody, and I'm puzzled by the fact that somebody who could
afford a unisaw right off the bat even bothered with the economy
stuff.

Ask yourself, would I be proud to hand this tool down to
my kids?

Dave

To be honest with ya Dave, I would. I've already had to clean it up
from where my son-in-law drooled all over it. I've had to build it up
piecemeal to get it where it is now, and I'm not done, but I enjoy it.
Somebody who doesn't want to spend the time I spent fiddling with it
should spend the extra money. I couldn't. But I'm having fun and I
like the fact that I know that saw inside and out. But that's me. :-)
The problems I have with my projects are due to my inexperience, not
the saw.

Hope you don't consider that a flame. I tried hard not to make it one.
I think the current Giz products are solid frameworks that still need
some tweaking to get them up to par, but although they apparently used
to be junk, I don't think they are anymore.

So I'm not going to feel bad at all about handing this saw off to my
son-in-law when I have the wherewithal to purchase a unisaur and a
decent place to put it.
:-)

Dan