Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Another oops to amuse you.....

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:48:45 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message op.wivpgkz3ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:13:37 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message op.wishsjapytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
I don't know if I told you but I have a graphics card that's out of
warranty and stopped working.
Well I checked for swollen or burst capacitors, there weren't any.
So as a last resort I tried the bake in the oven method to reflow
the solder.
9 minutes at 196C as advised.
The solder didn't appear to have melted, and the card remained inoperative.
Perhaps my oven thermostat is inaccurate? Try hotter!
Max - 240C.
BANG! Now I've got burst capacitors. All over the oven.
I shall refrain from reinserting it into the computer.

I think you should refrain from going near anything other than wax
crayons

hang on ... 200C?

Perhaps those as well

http://www.addictivetips.com/hardwar...aking-in-oven/

Must be true, its on the internet

If it was false there would be contradictory articles.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Joey's teacher sent a note home to his Mother saying, "Joey seems to be a very bright boy, but spends too much of his time thinking about sex and girls."
The Mother wrote back the next day, "If you find a solution, please advise. I have the same problem with his Father."