Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Another oops to amuse you.....

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wit3uwu2ytk5n5@i7-940...
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:43:22 +0100, Brian Gaff
wrote:

I'd have thought this outcome was pretty obvious. think about the
soldering.
When its done its fast and localised to the parts needed to be soldered.
One
cannot heat the whole card up and expect it to survive.

It is stated on the internet that several people managed it. However the
original fault of mine was unknown.

I thought professionally it was still with the whole thing in an oven,
perhaps faster though.

Its relatively easy if you have access to a vapour phase soldering bath.
They don't take anywhere near 9 minutes and you don't fit your through hole
din edge connectors, etc. first as they tend to melt.
They are usually flow soldered afterwards.

I have a broken Nvidia GPU on a Samsung laptop to fix so I may get the
daughters hot air craft gun on it.