Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Another oops to amuse you.....

On 2012-08-09 20:58:57 +0100, Lieutenant Scott said:

So as a last resort I tried the bake in the oven method to reflow the solder.
9 minutes at 196C as advised.

Talking of kitchen appliances, I tried cleaning a keyboard that had
not-working keys by giving it a good going over in the dishwasher. I
got a spakling clean keyboard but it still didn't work.

A drunk apparently once fixed a motherboard they'd spilt beer on by washing it in the bath. The board functioned fine.

I spilt water on mine once (leaky watercooler). I simply dried it out and it still worked.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

As they say at Microsoft - "What do you want to reinstall today?"