Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Shew Pete Shew is offline

Default Another oops to amuse you.....

On 10/08/2012 08:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'd have thought this outcome was pretty obvious. think about the soldering.
When its done its fast and localised to the parts needed to be soldered. One
cannot heat the whole card up and expect it to survive.

Brian

I fixed a terminal laptop with 8 minutes at 180 (just the motherboard).
Googling showed that a common fault was overheating GPU causing solder
coming unstuck. Early attempts with a blowlamp didn't work, but the oven
cured it.

Reassembled with a bit more pressure on the heatsink :-)

--
Pete
Lose (rhymes with fuse) is a verb, the opposite of find. Loose (rhymes