Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

MM wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 22:09:07 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth
wrote:

jkn wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 12:58:50 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
SWMBOS nice baking stone cracked the first time it was put in an
oven...

I had a thin pizza baking stone that cracked after a while. I have
higher
hopes for this one ... it's 40mm thick for a start. I take over an hour
to raise it to full temperature.
No one in Italy uses such a thing. Does that tell you how essential they
are?

Huh, next you'll be telling us the Italians can't make decent pizza...

They cant. Its an American invention AFAICR.

Just goes to show what altzhiemers can do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza#History