Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Cranston Snerd Cranston Snerd is offline

Default Another annoyance

On 8/9/2012 1:21 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Incidentally, compressed archives are folders, not files.

No, they are files. If you dig into the file allocation table you'll
find that a ZIP'd archive is stored as a file. It's not in the
directory table. Windows attempts to make life easier for the user by
treating them like a folder. Not something I care for either, so I
usually leave Windows showing details rather than icons.

A compressed archive my uncompress into both folders and files depending
on its content, but the archive itself is just a file.