Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

On 09/08/12 17:32, Steve Firth wrote:

In part and also that a pizza oven is a luxury item. Traditionally city
families would take their food Tia baker an use their oven for a fee. But
pizza is takeaway food and is bought as much as made. The ovens aren't
"dedicated pizza ovens" they are bread ovens. We have three, two in a state
of disrepair but our home is a large farmers house so it's the hub of a
hamlet and all the farm workers would bring their food up to the big house
to be cooked.

Italian Communal oven in use for pizza
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djc_ucl/7747786734/

Rod doesn't seem to have a clue about how much wood is needed to fire an
oven, or how much time it takes. He also doesn't seem to know that most
homes in Italy have a 3kW supply. They can't run a pizza oven of the sort
sold at garden centres and ironmongers because to run the 3kw element they
would have to turn everything else off.

--
djc