Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

tim..... wrote
Adam Funk wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Steve Firth wrote

No one in Italy uses such a thing.

They do however have dedicated pizza ovens even in their homes.

Bull****.

Fact.

the number of homes with "dedicated pizza ovens" is very few.

Bull****.

Have you missed the posts indicating that Steve spends a lot of time in
Italy? I think he knows what goes on there.

I've lived in Italy too, and, whilst my circle of associates was likely to
be smaller (and younger) than Steve's, I didn't actually know anyone who
made pizza at home. If you wanted a pizza you went to the pizzeria at the
end of the road (and, whichever road it was, they made so much better
pizza than pizzeria anywhere else in the world, IME). It was cheap enough
to do 4 times a week if you wanted - how many times a week do you need
pizza?

So to me, Steve's comment can just as easily be interpreted to mean
"Italians don't make pizza at home".

I used the word EVEN for a reason.

And if that's what he meant, he is just plain wrong.

(BTW I've actually no idea what this "stone" is supposed to do,

You basically put the pizza on it. It gets the bottom of the
pizza a lot crisper and dedicated pizza ovens have a heavy
base that the pizza goes on, for the same reason.

Its one way to get closer to the result you get with a dedicated
pizza oven in a convention oven where you don't put stuff on
the bottom of the oven.

if that's relevant)